What is Threads of Success?
Kent County Council’s Early Years and Childcare Service is committed to supporting excellence across the whole range of Early Years, school and out of school childcare provision, including early education. To do this to best effect, we have developed Threads of Success, which is an easily accessible framework of services and products, dedicated to ensuring excellence and meeting the early education and childcare related needs of children, young people and families.
All the Threads are essential in securing excellence, and include:
- Our pledge for the highest quality services
- A comprehensive offer, differentiated for Early Years, School and Out of School providers
- A leading edge range of delivery options, to include training, bespoke packages, workshops, seminars, publications, products, webinars and, e-learning
- A clear charging policy, differentiated for the following groups:
- Within Kent: Childminders, private, voluntary and independent settings, maintained nurseries, Schools, all Out Of School settings and collaborations within KCC's boundaries.
- Outside Kent: Local Authorities, businesses within KCC’s boundaries, other organisations outside of KCC’s boundaries and academies including those in Kent
- Quality assurance, ensuring that the training, support and advice provided is of high quality and is clearly underpinned by the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Framework and other relevant legislation