using makaton with singing
Ideal for: all those working with early years children. You do not need to have any prior knowledge of Makaton to attend this course.
‘Using Makaton with singing’ is a fun and easy way to learn to use signs with singing for young children. Signing and singing have been shown to encourage the development of communication and language skills and are beneficial for vocalisation, confidence, social skills, emotional development, well-being and self-esteem.
You will learn up to 100 signs and have fun practising them in songs adapted for different levels of ability.
The workshop is divided into four lively practical sessions covering:
• What is Makaton
• Tips for Signing
• Developing skills through signing and singing
• Using Makaton in my setting.
On completion of this workshop you should:
1. have a basic understanding of Makaton
2. understand how Makaton can be used with singing
3. understand how to facilitate choices using symbols and signs
4. understand that songs can be adapted to suit the differing abilities of individuals or small groups
5. be informed about other Makaton workshops and courses, access to signs, symbols and resources
6. be informed about additional resources that can support session content
Half day or evening.
Each participant will receive a training manual and an attendance certificate as part of the training.
Within Kent: £40 +VAT +£6.50 pp for resources.
Outside Kent: £60 +VAT +£6.50 pp for resources.
Within Kent: £210 +VAT plus £6.50 pp for resources.
Outside Kent: £385 +VAT plus £6.50 pp for resources.