Introduction to the Early Years Foundation Stage for Practitioners
This module has been created to support practitioners understanding of the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage. It is aimed at all practitioners, including those in Early Years settings and children centres, as well as childminders and teachers. The module is suitable for anyone new to the early years sector or those looking to refresh their knowledge.
The expected learning outcomes include:
- Develop an understanding of the overarching principles of the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Gain the underpinning knowledge of what is required to support children’s learning and development
- Understand the requirements for assessment
- Develop awareness of the safeguarding and welfare requirements and how to be compliant
- Recognise the vital role of the adult in supporting children’s learning