The Power of Play“Inform me, support me, inspire me”
Supporting Children’s Health, Fitness and Wellbeing
Saturday 10th June, 9.30am 4.30pm, Oakwood House, Maidstone
High quality playwork provision supports children’s play and development and helps to raise their aspirations, making a valuable contribution to children’s health, fitness and well-being. This year Kent County Council’s Out of School Conference is strongly focussed on the high profile national agenda, supporting children’s health and well-being. Out of School settings provide a wide range of play opportunities which can build on children’s interests and support this important aspect of children’s lives. The conference will provide opportunities and ideas to enable delegates to enhance and thread this focus into Out of School settings. Delegates will also explore how a range of strategies can be introduced and look at how to remove barriers.
Inspirational keynote speakers and a variety of hands on interactive workshops will offer practical ideas for owners, managers and playworkers to develop their practice and support this important national agenda. Our keynote speakers are:
• Chris Cook – is an Olympic Swimmer who has represented Great Britain on over 30 occasions and is a well-known motivational speaker
• Ben Kingston-Hughes – Playwork Consultant and Manager for Inspired Children who is passionate about the power of play and its positive impact on children’s health and well-being.
This conference is open to practitioners working within standalone Out of School Childcare settings, Early Years’ settings and Childminders offering wraparound care and school based Out of School Childcare. Practitioners will be able to attend a maximum of two workshops on the day and can choose from:
• Inspire to Engage with Chris Cook
• Superhero Spectacular with Ben Kingston-Hughes
• Boisterous Play with Ben Kingston-Hughes
• A space to be me
• Music Matters!
• Communicate, Include, Engage
Practitioners will also have an opportunity to visit a range of market stalls offering advice, support and information to delegates .
To book your place, visit CPD Online and search events on 10th June.